Host a Birthday Party in Our Studios
The KTJ Studios at Mystic Museum of Art are the place to have a fun and hands-on birthday party! We offer a variety of themes and are happy to customize according to the birthday child. Parties include a guided hour of art-making and can also include art games and a visit to MMoA’s galleries.
- Princes and Princesses/Wizards: Create crowns, magic wands, and scepters.
- Painting: Work at a real artist easel and explore the wide world of paint through instruction. Or create a painted life-size self portrait with robust imagination – are you a knight in shining armor or a super-star athlete?
- Doll Tea Party (ages 7+): Bring your favorite doll or stuffed animal and create a fanciful food item from Sculpey clay for a whimsical tea party.
- Mixed Media Adventure: Use a variety of materials to create a unique masterpiece. Past projects have included crackle painting, kinetic sculpture, and treasure chests.
- Jungle Safari: Bring out your inner wild creature by creating an animal-inspired project.
- Under the Sea: Create a mystical crayon-resist painting or mixed media collage filled with your favorite aquatic creatures.
Mystic Museum of Art provides:
- Exclusive use of the studio for two hours
- 1-hour art activity led by Mystic Museum of Art staff
- “Eye Spy” tour in galleries (optional)
- All materials used for art project
- Art project clean-up
- Tables and chairs
- Kitchen facilities as requested (mini refrigerator, sink, microwave.)
- Broom, dustpan and trash receptacles for clean-up
- Birthday Party invitations
- Free parking for party host and guests, with vouchers
Party host provides:
- Birthday cake, food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Paper goods (plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
- Tablecloths (optional)
- Balloons and additional decorations (optional)
- Post party clean up per Mystic Museum of Art specifications
- Chaperones (at least one adult per 6 children)
Schedule & Fees
- Parties are offered for 2 hours on non-holiday weekends.
- $200 Mystic Museum of Art members/$250 Public (Includes up to 12 children including the birthday child)
- Additional children (up to 25 total) are welcome for $10 each
- Attendance is limited to 25 children maximum.
- There must be at least one adult chaperone present for every six children.
- Chaperones must be attentive to children at all times and follow established facility guidelines.
- Clean up time must be accounted for within the 2-hour party rental.
- The facility is unlocked and available for set up no more than 15 minutes before the start of the party, unless otherwise arranged.
- Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed during Birthday Parties.
- Running inside or outside near the boulders or water is prohibited.
- Entire party fee is due at the time of booking to secure your reservation
- Parties canceled or rescheduled within less than 10 business days notice will receive a refund less a $50 processing fee
- Parties canceled or rescheduled within 5 business days notice will receive a refund less a 50% processing fee.
- Parties canceled or rescheduled the day before or the day of the party will not receive a refund.
To Learn More
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about hosting a party at the Mystic Museum of Art.
All events include reserved parking in Mystic Museum of Art’s parking lot, and accessibility to our full kitchen (when needed). Special rates available to nonprofit, educational and community groups.
To book a birthday party at the Mystic Museum of Art, please complete the Birthday Party request form above.
Questions? Contact Education staff at 860.536.7601 x213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.