Host a Birthday Party in Our Studios
The KTJ Studios at the Mystic Museum of Art are the place to have a fun and hands-on birthday party! We offer a variety of themes and are happy to customize a party based on the birthday child’s interests. Parties include a guided hour of art-making and can also include art games and a visit to MMoA’s galleries.
Our studios are also available to rent for parties that do not include a facilitated art activity for a reduced fee. Please inquire for more information.
- Princes and Princesses/Wizards: Create crowns, magic wands, and scepters.
- Painting: Work at a real artist’s easel and explore the wide world of paint through instruction. Or create a painted life-size self portrait with robust imagination – are you a knight in shining armor or a superstar athlete?
- Doll Tea Party (ages 7+): Bring your favorite doll or stuffed animal and create a fanciful food item from Sculpey clay for a whimsical tea party.
- Mixed Media Adventure: Use a variety of materials to create a unique masterpiece. Past projects have included crackle painting, kinetic sculpture, and treasure chests.
- Jungle Safari: Bring out your inner wild creature by creating an animal-inspired project.
- Under the Sea: Create a mystical crayon-resist painting or mixed media collage filled with your favorite aquatic creatures.
Mystic Museum of Art provides:
- Exclusive use of the studio for 2 hours
- 1-hour art activity led by Mystic Museum of Art staff
- “Eye Spy” tour in galleries (optional)
- All materials used for art project
- Art project clean-up
- Tables and chairs
- Kitchen facilities as requested (mini refrigerator, sink, microwave)
- Broom, dustpan, and trash receptacles for clean-up
- Birthday party invitations
- Free parking for party host and guests, with vouchers
Party host provides:
- Birthday cake, food, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Paper goods (plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
- Tablecloths (optional)
- Balloons and additional decorations (optional)
- Post-party clean-up per Mystic Museum of Art specifications
- Chaperones (at least one adult per 6 children)
Schedule & Fees
- Parties are offered for 2 hours on non-holiday weekends.
- $250 Mystic Museum of Art members/$350 Public (fee includes up to 12 children including the birthday child).
- Additional children (up to 25 total) are welcome for $10 each.
- Request $10 off your party rental when booking at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Attendance is limited to a maximum of 25 children.
- There must be at least one adult chaperone present for every six children.
- Chaperones must be attentive to children at all times and follow established facility guidelines.
- Clean-up time must be accounted for within the 2-hour party rental.
- The facility is unlocked and available for set-up no more than 15 minutes before the start of the party, unless otherwise arranged.
- Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed during birthday parties.
- Running inside or outside near the boulders or water is prohibited.
- Entire party fee is due at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
- A 50% refund will be made when a party is canceled up to one week prior.
- No refund will be made when a party is canceled less than one week prior.
To Learn More
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about hosting a party at the Mystic Museum of Art.
All events include reserved parking in our parking lot and access to our full kitchen (when needed). Special rates are available for nonprofit, educational, and community groups.
To book a birthday party at the Mystic Museum of Art, please complete the Birthday Party Request Form above.
Questions? Call Education Coordinator Mary Addison at 860.536.7601, ext. 213, or email MAddison@MysticMuseumofArt.org.