Welcome to the Mystic Museum of Art, a regional arts center and cultural hub located in scenic Mystic Connecticut.
Connecting community, creative expression, and artistic heritage.
- Gallery Exhibitions
- Four galleries (4,000 sq. feet) showcase fifteen annual exhibitions designed to promote emerging and professional local artists through juried, open, and invitational exhibitions. More Info
- Studio Art Classes
- Two spacious art studios hold classes and workshops for all ages in watercolor, sculpture, oil painting, pastels, paper-making, drawing, and a myriad of children’s art classes. More Info
- Educational Outreach
- MMoA offers grant-funded outreach programs supporting and expanding arts instruction in our public schools and childcare agencies. Through a combination of gallery, studio and classroom activities, the program helps children using non-traditional teaching methods to develop “Literacy Through Art.” More Info
- Cultural Programming
- Through its dedication to excellence and high standards, The Mystic Museum of Art serves as the cultural center for the greater Mystic area, providing enrichment and quality of life. More Info
- Permanent Collection
- The Center maintains a permanent collection of work by early Society of Mystic artists as an important educational and historical link for the community. More Info
- Elected Artist Membership
- Elected Artist Membership is awarded to artists whose work has been received into four of the Center’s juried shows within a twenty four month period. The Mystic Museum of Art and the Connecticut Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA), which holds its annual exhibit at the Center each spring, have entered into a reciprocal agreement. All works juried into the CAFA show are eligible for both a CAFA and Mystic Museum of Art juried requirement. There are typically six juried shows within a twenty four month period.